Home / Bizarre / The 10 most unsolved mysteries in 2019

The 10 most unsolved mysteries in 2019

2019 flew by blurry past. In just over a month, we celebrate Christmas again and then a new year begins. As time goes on, the secrets pile up all over the world. Some of them will eventually be solved, but others are doomed to remain unexplained and speculated forever.

SEE ALSO: 10 Unresolved Riddles on Historical Tragedies

10 The Murder of Aarushi Talwar

On May 16, 2008, the body of 13-year-old Aarushi Talwar was discovered at her home in Noida, India , Her throat had been cut. When the police failed to locate the family's 45-year-old housemaid, Hemraj Banjade, he became the prime suspect. This was until May 17, when Banjade's body was discovered on a patio at the house.

Next, Aarushi's parents were considered suspects. It was assumed that her father, Rajesh, his daughter and Banjade met in an unsavory position and killed her. Another theory was that Rajesh was involved in an affair and was confronted by his daughter and blackmailed by Banjade, so he decided to get rid of both.

The case was eventually handed over to the CBI, which did not find any evidence that Rajesh and Nupur Talwar were responsible for the murders. The CBI also examined two other domestic workers and a personal assistant, but nothing came of it. After the case was handed over to another team, Aarushi's parents were convicted in November 2013 and sentenced to life imprisonment. In 2017, they were acquitted after challenging the decision.

To date, there was no further evidence for the double murder of Noida. The killer remains free and it is unlikely that the case will be resolved soon. [1]

9 Smileys Murders

Over a period of more than 20 years, around 350 young men drowned in lakes and other waters in the Midwestern United States. It became known that police officers came across graffiti in the form of smileys near at least 12 places where drowning occurred. Some people, including New York detectives Kevin Gannon and Anthony Duarte, believe these drownings are murders of a single serial killer or a group of serial killers. Their theory is that the men were most likely drugged after being abducted and then murdered before being murdered by dumping them in lakes and rivers. The investigators also believe that the serial killers include both men and women.

Victims include 21-year-old Brian Welzien, who disappeared on New Year's Day 2000. Its decaying remains were found 8 weeks later in a lake in Indiana. In 2009, 24-year-old William Hurley was missing for six days before being found dead and swimming in a river in Boston. One of the smileys was seen near the river.

While the FBI is unconvinced and says the drownings are most likely alcohol-related, private investigations continue. A documentary about drowning saw the light in early 2019. Whether the detectives will ever find serial killers in the periphery and hold them accountable remains to be seen. [2]

8 Jennifer Beard Murder

Two days after the 1970 New Year, a couple decided to drive past the Haast River Bridge to allow their young daughter to use the restroom , When the 8-year-old returned to the car, she told her parents that she had seen a naked woman tell her daughter to get back in the car and they continued their journey.

On January 19, police discovered the "naked woman" under the bridge, she was dead, raped and strangled, and 25-year-old Jennifer Beard, as later identified, was thought to be in the bathroom nearby She had been reported missing by her fiancé a few days earlier, and during the police investigation, witnesses said they saw the young woman in a blue-and-green Vauxhall run by a middle-aged man. who was interviewed and drove the same model car was interviewed, but never billed a few meters away from the scene a trouser was found and sent for analysis Unfortunately, the authorities have forgotten the pants for a few months In one of the pockets found a receipt with the name of the truck driver.Nevertheless, the crown refused to bring charges and led inadequately

The truck driver never innocently committed the murder until his death in 2003. In 2008, the police investigated new clues, but nothing came of it either. To date, the assassination of Jennifer Beard is officially unexplained. [3]

7 Ashley Turner's Death

Ashley Turner, a first-class aviator, was stationed at the Keflavik Naval Air Station in Iceland in 2005 when she was brutally murdered near her dorm. Her parents learned through an Icelandic newspaper published on the Internet that her daughter had been murdered after military investigators had only ascertained that Ashley had died of head and neck trauma.

20-year-old Ashley was stabbed in the head and neck, but this seemed to be the only direct information about her murder. Several false death certificates were issued, no impending support for death grants and a lack of critical information from the military.

Eventually it became known that Ashley should testify against a man accused of stealing from her. She was forced to live in the same dormitory as this man. Airman Calvin Eugene Hill was charged with Ashley's murder but was acquitted in 2007. However, he pleaded guilty to having robbed her and was punished for it. However, this means that Ashley's killer is still free somewhere out there. [4]

6 Ryan Singleton disappeared

Ryan Singleton, a 24-year-old model, left Las Vegas and returned to Los Angeles after a well-deserved vacation in July 2013. His car is in the Mojave Desert, and a Highway Patrol official offered Ryan to rest in Baker. When Ryan came to the rest area, he called one of his friends and asked if he could pick him up. The friend was not late to drive to Baker, but when he arrived, Ryan was nowhere to be found.

Barely three months later, Ryan's body was discovered by two joggers two miles from where he was last seen at the truck stop. His eyes and internal organs were missing. An autopsy did not detect the exact cause of death due to the advanced state of degradation of the remains. The authorities believed that the missing organs were due to animals being picked up in the area, but Ryan's family believed otherwise. His mother insisted that her son had become a victim of the "illegal organ trade".

Until December 2018, the case was still under investigation by the police. Public opinion assumes that Ryan was murdered, regardless of whether animals were responsible for the lack of internal organs or not. Unfortunately, the case seems to have stalled and there is no new information. What exactly happened to Ryan remains unknown. [5]

5 The Massacre of Wickenburg

On 5 November 1871, 7 passengers boarded a stagecoach in Wickenburg and drove to California. Only two of them would survive the journey. Only one hour after the departure of the stagecoach she was attacked and 5 passengers and the driver were murdered. One of the survivors, William Kruger, stated that an "Indian gang" had attached the stagecoach. The other survivor, Mollie Sheppard, believed the "Mexican bandits" were responsible for the murders.

This resulted in General George Crook dispatching an officer to investigate the allegations. The conclusion was that Raiders were to blame on Date Creek. This in turn led to an attempt in Crook's life, to which responded his cavalry and killed about forty Indians. Crook also forced many residents of Yavapais and Tonto Apaches to move to the San Carlos Apache Reserve.

The real culprits were never found, and many theories have been born over the years. Some believed that white criminals had disguised themselves as Indians and attacked the stagecoach. Others used to look at the two survivors with suspicion: perhaps they robbed the stagecoach itself and killed the other passengers to make it appear that the Indians were responsible.

The puzzle remains. [6]

4 Little Girl Blue

8-year-old Helen Bailey loved to play outside and left her home in Birmingham to do just that on August 10, 1975 Her mother was worried when her daughter did not return at a certain time and went to the police. The next morning, Helen's body was found in a dense forest in Booth Farm. There was a cut in her throat that was considered the cause of death.

Originally, Helen's death (called Little Girl Blue because of the blue clothes she wore when she was found) was not considered suspicious. The pathologist stated that there were no signs of a fight and that the little girl's death lacked certain characteristics of an attack. That's why he explained that her death was accidental. In 2014, another pathologist reviewed the case and found that Helen had been strangled before it came to a cut in the neck. It was later revealed that someone "confessed" the murder in 1979 but was never prosecuted. In July 2019, forensic scientist Louise Hunt approached the CPS to ask if she would reconsider the persecution of a suspect who had been arrested and convicted for an independent charge, as he was the only suspect in existence.

Helen Bailey's murder, however, remains unresolved to this day. [7]

3 Disappearance of Dorothy Scott

On May 27, 1980, 32-year-old Dorothy Jane Scott attended a works meeting after dropping her son with her parents. The meeting was not unusual except that a colleague suddenly complained of severe pain. Dorothy offered to take colleague Conrad Bostron to the emergency room. Another colleague, Pam Head, accompanied her.

Doctors discovered that Conrad had been bitten by a black widow spider and was treated promptly. He was released at 11 pm and Dorothy left the hospital to bring her car to the entrance. Pam saw the car leave the hospital parking lot, but Dorothy did not return to the hospital. Two hours later, Pam told the hospital that Dorothy was missing and called Dorothy's parents.

In the following weeks and months, police were told that Dorothy had been persecuted by an unknown man before she disappeared. Dorothy told a co-worker that the man called her several times and mentioned events that he could not know about unless he had seen them. After Dorothy disappeared, the man kept calling her house when her mother was alone. When she answered the phone, the stalker either asked for Dorothy or happily claimed he had killed her. When Scott's father picked up the phone in 1984, the calls stopped.

In August 1984, Dorothy's remains were found buried under a dog in Anaheim Hills on the Santa Ana Canyon Road. After the discovery, the stalker called twice more and asked for Dorothy.

To date, Dorothy's Stalker / Killer has never been found. [8]

2 Strange Death of Kuang Zhijun

In November 2009, Kuang Jilu was deeply shocked when he discovered that his 13-year-old son, Kuang Zhijun, was suspended from a wooden beam in her family home in Shuangxing. The boy's hands and feet were tied together with twelve knots each, and a weight hung between his feet. On closer inspection, a small hole was visible on his forehead. Kuang wore a red dress over a black female bathing suit.

One of the first reactions to the strange crime scene was allegations that the boy's death had been part of a Chinese occult ritual. He died at the age of 13 years and 13 days, which theoretically indicated a connection to Taoist magic. There was even wild speculation that the child had been killed by some kind of cult to revive it as a ghost. It was assumed that this should be achieved by using the five elements metal (weight), water (float), wood (wooden beam), fire (red color of the dress) and earth (dirt under the beam). , The hole would allow the soul to leave the body while the weight kept the body tied to the earth. The red dress represented the tie of the boy's soul to his killer.

However, the police did not want to know about it and came to the conclusion within a month of the investigation that Kuang had died during a game. They refused to resume the investigation.

The facts surrounding the death of Kuang Jilu are unknown. [9]

1 Kanika Powell's Murder

After completing her mission, 28-year-old Kanika Powell began her career as a security officer at Johns Hopkins University in the Laboratory of Applied Physics , After two years, her work became permanent and much more involved. She worked on projects related to national security and the Department of Homeland Security. Due to the sensitivity of her daily tasks, Kanika was very attentive. So when a man posing as an FBI agent tried to gain access to their home, Kanika resisted and called the police. She also let her loved ones know what had happened.

Another man appeared at her door just four days later, claiming she needed to sign for a delivery. Kanika refused to let him in and later called her mother to discuss the incident. The same day she left home to do errands and returned just before noon. Someone hid in the hallway and when Kanika approached her apartment, the person shot her several times. Kanika died of her injuries the following day.

Three months later, 31-year-old Sean Green was attacked while waiting at a red traffic light. He was shot nine times. Sean worked for a national security contractor and was murdered 25 miles from Kanika's home.

Both murders remain unresolved. [10]

Source link