Considering that more than 100 million devices equipped with Amazon Alexa have been sold, there is probably an Amazon Echo or Dot somewhere in your house. While you've probably used the smart speakers to play music, listen to podcasts, or order goods from Amazon.com, you can also use the technology for less practical purposes. Here are a few fun questions you can ask Alexa.
1. Alexa, how big is the mass of the sun in grams?
This is fun because it crosses language barriers, but it can also be practical. For example, ask Alexa: "Alexa, what is the mass of an Amazon Echo?"
2. Alexa, what are the three laws of robotics?
3. Alexa, are you a robot?
4. Alexa, can't you be serious?
There are two answers to this question ̵
5. Alexa, what do you think about the shirt i wear?
6. Alexa, what's the meaning of life?
7. Alexa, how much do you weigh?
This question does not have the same answer as the mass of an echo.
8. Alexa, what day of the week is July 4th?
9. Alexa, thank you.
10. Alexa, do you know Siri?
11. Alexa, do you know Cortana?
Alexa was hanging around with Cortana, but not with Clippy.
12. Alexa, do you like pizza?
Not a word about what Alexa thinks of pineapple pizza.
13. Alexa, play the Kindle book Caddyshack: The Making of a Hollywood Cinderella Story .
Alexa will make text-to-speech from Kindle books and continue where you left off, and there is no extra cost if you already own the Kindle book. Amazon has a helpful page with the commands Alexa can respond to in this mode, including skipping back and forth.
14. Alexa, will you be my friend?
15. Alexa, which film was awarded best film in 1991?
You can read more about the film here.
16. Alexa, are you blue?
17th Alexa, how is the traffic from here to the airport?
18th Alexa, tell me about the movie Iron Man .
Alexa appears to use either IMDB (owned by Amazon) or Wikipedia for much of this material.
19th Alexa, can you rap?
20. Alexa, can you beatbox?
21. Alexa, can you sing?
22. Alexa, do you have any pets?
23. Alexa, where were you born?
24. Alexa, what's the value of pi?
25. Alexa, how was your day?
26. Alexa, tell me a joke.
You can also ask them for a "Yo Mama" joke.
27. Alexa, what's your search?
A few Monty Python jokes are built in. Ask about swallows' airspeed.
28. Alexa, can you spell supercalifragilisticexpialidocious?
If you can say a word more or less, Alexa can spell it for you. This may be very useful for children who learn spelling.
29. Alexa, let's play Global Thermonuclear War.
Apparently Alexa knows WarGames .
30. Alexa, tea, Earl Gray, hot.
And Star Trek: The Next Generation . (Alexa also answers queries like "Beam me up!")
31. Alexa, is the cake a lie?
Wow, Alexa even played Portal !
32. Alexa, close the doors of Pod Bay.
I'm sorry Dave …
33. Alexa, when is your birthday?
This is Alexa's launch date: November 6th, 2014. Ask Alexa what her character is and she will tell you that.
34. Alexa, do you know the muffin man?
35. Alexa, up up down down left right left right B A Start!
Konami code FTW.
36. Alexa, I have 99 problems.
37. Alexa, are we in the matrix?
There are a few answers to this question.
38. Alexa, what is the first rule in the fight club? What is the second rule of the fight club?
Alexa knows the first two rules and everyone else.
39. Alexa, boxers or briefs?
40. Alexa, make me a sandwich.
41. Alexa, is your fridge running?
42. Alexa, find Chuck Norris.
43. Alexa, my name is Inigo Montoya.
Alexa is not the man with the six fingers.