Home / Lists / 5 strange things discovered on Google Earth

5 strange things discovered on Google Earth




Flying drones above me are the order of the day in my neighborhood. According to my neighbors at Nextdoor, they’re either a creepy privacy violation or just a fun hobby for families. A drone has followed me, occasionally walking my dogs or hovering over my garden while working in the garden. I found it uncomfortable but not scary. At least until a few days later. I spotted the pilot in his front yard, his mouth open on his phone when he was spying on his neighbors. I am judgmental, but it is my exact reaction to Google Earth. I sit in front of my computer, my mouth open, and I scroll across the surface of the planet.

Photo by NASA on Unsplash

5 weirdest things discovered on Google Earth

Sandy Island

With Google Earth, it’s just a black streak surrounded by photos of a dark blue ocean. It has also been published in the World Coast database for the past twelve years. But when a team of marine scientists planned a stopover on the island during a plate tectonic study, there was nothing there.

Pentagram

A huge pentagram is visible from the sky 12 miles from the nearest inhabitants of Kazakhstan. While your imagination with Satanists gets wild in the Asian steppes, it’s actually a remnant of Soviet-era Russia. The “pentagram” is just a park that has been designed and decayed in a star shape.

Blutsee

In the Baghdad suburb of Sadr City, Lake Vermelho can be seen in bright red on the original photos from Google Earth. Since then, it has returned to a traditional sea color. There is no official statement as to what caused the blood color. However, some theories suggest that nearby slaughterhouses run blood into the water.

Photo by Jared Erondu on Unsplash

Boneyard

Wondering what happens to all these defense contracts that your taxpayer funds? The answer is at least partially in Tucson, Arizona. At Davis-Monthan Airforce Base, every Air Force vehicle has been out of use since World War II, visible from a satellite above. The boneyard is also visible in the music video Learn to fly from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

HAMAD

Whether you believe that individuals need billions of dollars or not depends on your current net worth. It’s hard not to examine the world’s 1% spending and ask if your choices are really better than cure world hunger or provide the rest of the 99% with clean drinking water. For example, Hamad bin Hamdan al Nahyan, a billionaire in Saudi Arabia, hired workers to dig his name in the sand of the beach on his private island. Yes, it is visible from space.

Do you wanna tell your strange story Tell us about it and it could be featured on Oddee. You can remain completely anonymous.




Source link