قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Lists / 3 Possible health problems in connection with mold exposure

3 Possible health problems in connection with mold exposure





Mold infestation is a problem that most people will have to deal with at some point. This is usually a result of moisture or increased humidity around dead materials, especially wood. Though it is a common problem, damp fungus stains on the walls of your home will always be an eyesore.

If you're considering postponing mold removal in your home, think again. There are some serious consequences that can result from prolonged exposure. Mold is a generic name for several types of fungus, and the effects can vary widely depending on the level of pollution in your household. The most common health problems associated with long-term exposure are listed below.

Asthma attacks

Asthma attacks have long been associated with mold, especially in children. According to a WHO report, indoor humidity and mold make a major contribution to the plight of 300 million children with asthma worldwide. According to a separate report from asthma.org.uk, 42% of asthmatics said mold infestation triggers an asthma attack If you or one of your family members have asthma attacks, mold removal is critical as soon as you notice the signs.

Allergic reactions

A Many people are allergic to mold and fungi, mainly due to the spores they produce. Some of these reactions can be diagnosed and treated easily. others may not be as easy to treat.

Sick building syndrome (SBS) often occurs in people who live in dilapidated, mold-infested homes. SBS occurs when people in a location have acute health problems that appear to be related to the time they have spent in the location. Most importantly, SBS cannot diagnose a specific disease or cause.

Frequent allergic reactions in connection with mold infestation are fatigue, runny nose, skin, eye and throat irritation.

Increased risk of infection

Moist and moldy conditions also form an excellent breeding ground for bacteria, which means an increased risk of infection. Bronchitis and other respiratory infections are common infections that can be caused by chemical release from the mold.

In the 1990s, some children in Cleveland, OH were diagnosed with bleeding from the lungs due to mold exposure. The main culprit in this case was a mycotoxin produced by this particular mold strain.

Snack

Mold in a household is not just an aesthetic problem. As much as it can lead to decay, putrefaction or weakening of objects and structures, it is also harmful to health.

Special care should be taken if you have small children nearby because their immune systems are not fully developed. They are particularly susceptible to infections. If you notice the signs of mold, remove it!

Do you want to tell your strange story? Tell us about it and it could be seen on Oddee. You can remain completely anonymous.


Source link