Wisconsin is the state of beer and cheese, and you probably already knew that. But there are so many interesting facts from Wisconsin that you do not know yet and that you think are great.
- Wisconsin is the leading manufacturer of ginseng in the US and about 10% of the world's supply. Did you know that Wisconsin is fun?
- The first kindergarten classes in the US were held in 1856 in Watertown by a German couple. You can visit the site today.
- Door County's population reaches ten times its normal population in the summer months. It goes from 28,000 to an incredible 250,000! This fun fact in Wisconsin shows how great it is to visit Door County.
- The first cheesehead was worn in a Brewers game and not in a Packers game. It was made from a sofa cushion with holes in foam and yellow paint.
- The Fox River is one of the few rivers in the nation that flows north.
- Lil Wayne, Harry Styles, Larry the Cable Guy, Erin Andrews, Ryan Reynolds, David Ortiz, Shawn Johnson, Ellen DeGeneres and Justin Timberlake are all known as packer fans. The newspaper editor and printer of Milwaukee created the QWERTY keyboard. This funny fact from Wisconsin really gets us on the scene.
- Warren, WI, has only about 400 residents, but attracts 100,000 visitors each year in September for the world's largest cranberry festival.
- In this regard, another funny fact from Wisconsin is the state producing 60% of the nation's cranberries. Who can not wait for Thanksgiving and cranberries?
- Wisconsin celebrities include Orson Welles, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Les Paul, Liberace, Mark Ruffalo, Frank Lloyd Wright, Chris Farley, Kurtwood Smith, Harry Houdini, and Frank Calliendo. 19659004] Almost all the lakes in Wisconsin were created by glaciers.
- The first circus in the US was in Delavan, Wisconsin.
- The coldest measured temperature ever measured in Wisconsin was reported in 1996 in Sawyer County at -55. One excavation site was found in Kenosha. A replica of it is exhibited in the Milwaukee Public Museum.
- Wisconsin was the first state to introduce a nationwide income tax. Wow cool.
- In 2010, the Madison Brat Fest consumed 209,376 brats. This number shook previous records.
- The Beer Slot "the beer that made Milwaukee famous" is owned today by the Los Angeles-based Pabst Brewing Company. This company also manufactures Old Milwaukee.
- Wisconsin's rivers and streams, if routed continuously, would span 42,767 miles. That's nearly 2,000 miles more than the Earth's circumference.
- Barbie is from the fictional town of Willow, Wisconsin.
- The very first sundae was served in 1881 in Two Rivers, Wisconsin, was just a nickel at the soda fountain by Edward C. Berner.
- The Wisconsin Dells has the world's largest concentration of water parks in an area. There are eight indoor parks and three outdoor parks. There are more than 200 water slides and 16 million liters of water.
- Wisconsin has more dairy cattle per square mile than any other state, and ranks second behind California in milk production.
- Noah's Ark Water Park in Wisconsin Dells is the largest outdoor water park in the US.
- The Milwaukee Summer Festival attracts up to one million visitors annually and is listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the world's largest music festival.
- Wisconsin produces more cheese than any other state in the country.
Door County is one of the funniest places to visit in summer. There's every cheese in this state you've ever wanted, and if you want water parks and music festivals, Wisconsin has the best of it. What funny fact in Wisconsin is your favorite?
Would you like to tell your strange story? Tell us about it and it could be seen on Oddee. You can stay completely anonymous.