Home / Best / 10 lesser-known murder secrets that remain unsolved

10 lesser-known murder secrets that remain unsolved

murder. The word alone is enough to send cold shivers down your spine. Just the thought of some people out there killing for pleasure could make you never want to go outside again. Nobody wants to fall victim to the fantasies of a psycho. Nobody wants to be shot, stabbed, strangled, poisoned, or pushed from a bridge. Terribly, people around the world are killed in this way every day. They are shot in a fit of anger, stabbed with jealousy, strangled in a moment of madness, or pushed off a bridge when no one is looking. After such horrific incidents, family and friends work havoc around the clock, rushing to find the murderer. Some murder cases are resolved within days, some within decades.
Some are never solved.

See also: Top 1

0 puzzles in criminal engineering

10 Arthur "Buddy" Schumacher

Eight-year-old Arthur Louis "Buddy" Schumacher was a lively, happy child. He attended Lincoln Elementary School in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin and had many friends. On July 24, 1925, he and some boys from his neighborhood boarded a freight train to drive to the local swimming pool. That was the last time Buddy was seen alive.

When he did not return home later in the day, his family reported him missing. The police and the community searched the area continuously for seven weeks. Then, just a mile from his house, Buddy's remains were found partially hidden under some bushes. His clothes were torn and a handkerchief protruded from his throat. He had also been sexually assaulted and maimed.

Police investigations eventually led to the arrest of a drifter in the Wauwatosa area, but when witnesses later retracted her testimony, he was released. No one has ever been arrested in connection with the brutal murder. The riddle remains unsolved, and the Schumacher still have no solution to the loss of their only son.

9 Elaine Nix

Eighteen-year-old Elaine Nix, who was a typical teenager in 1999, called her boyfriend Billy almost every day. Since she lived in Georgia and he in Cleveland, the phone charges totaled $ 75 within a month. Soon Elaine's mother blocked long distance calls from her line and told her daughter that she had to make another plan to get in touch with Billy.

Elaine drove unmoved to Zack's snack stand to use her payphone, which cost her only 35 cents for unlimited talk time. The couple got into a routine where Elaine called around 11 p.m. and talked for an hour. Then she drove home. On September 20, 1999, Elaine and Billy talked about an upcoming camping trip for an hour. When they hung up, Billy assumed that Elaine would drive home as usual. Unfortunately, Elaine never made it home.

Her parents weren't particularly worried at first because Elaine often stayed with friends and family instead of going home. However, when her daughter didn't show up for work the next day, they knew something was wrong. They drove past Zack's snack bar and saw their car in the parking lot. Key still in the ignition, driver's window folded down. Elaine's handbag and a box of cigarettes sat in the passenger seat. Elaine's mother drove home and unwittingly destroyed any evidence.

After the teenager reported missing from her parents, roadblocks were set up while her family searched the area around the restaurant. Nine days after her disappearance, a nameless person cutting the grass behind a park made a tragic discovery: Elaine's bare and badly rotting body was right inside the tree line. She had been killed and deposited 17 miles from the payphone she used.

An official cause of death was never determined due to the advanced decomposition of the remains, but theories emerged that Elaine Nix had been strangled or suffocated. A murder investigation was initiated, but lack of evidence and evidence resulted in the case getting cold within a few years. No arrests have been made so far, and Elaine's murderer may still be at large.

8 Jenny Low Chang

Nineteen-year-old Jenny Low Chang was a 1977 student at San Francisco State University. She studied seriously and booked a study session in the basement of the library, which she attended on September 11, 1977 at 6:00 p.m. departed.

When her roommate woke up the next morning and saw that Jenny had not returned to the dorm and her bed was not. She fell asleep and reported missing. Only three hours had passed when one of the university professors discovered Jenny's naked body in the fourth floor reading room. Her head showed signs of violent beatings, she had multiple stab wounds, and there was evidence of sexual assault. Several pieces of furniture in the room were broken, suggesting a fight, and her clothes and books were placed next to her body.

Investigations pointed out that someone should have opened the door to the reading room for Jenny, as it would have been closed around 5 p.m. on a Sunday. 200 school employees and 1,200 teachers had keys and coded cards that could be used to open this door.

Despite the number of potential suspects, only two were ever interviewed: a security guard on campus and a faculty member. Some people were convinced that the "Zodiac Killer" was the culprit. Nothing came of a police investigation, and over 40 years later, Jenny's murder remains a mystery.

7 Don Henry and Kevin Ives

On August 23, 1987, a freight train passed through Alexander, Arkansas when the driver saw something on the tracks in front of him. When the train approached the object, he could see that it was a body. Then he noticed that there were actually two bodies on the way to his oncoming train. The driver desperately tried to stop and keep on horning. He almost managed not to hit the bodies, but the swing of the train made him roll over them.

An investigation showed that the bodies were those of 16-year-old Don Henry and 17-year-old Kevin Ives. At first, it was suspected that the boys had fallen asleep on the rails due to the heavy consumption of marijuana. However, both parents insisted that a second autopsy be performed. At some point, a pathologist found that the marks on Don Henry's shirt had to do with a stabbing injury and that Kevin Ives' skull might have been squeezed by the rifle he had been hunting with.

Some witnesses said they saw a man in clothing military clothing a week before the train event and on the same day the train hit the boys. One theory was that the boys may have stumbled into a drug trade and been murdered for it.

The police examined all possible indications, but they all led to a dead end. The killer of the boys is still unknown.

6 Zigmund Adamski

56-year-old Zigmund Adamski left his home in Tingley near Wakefield in June 1980 and went to the local shop to go shopping. He never returned.

A search was carried out and Zigmund's body was found in a coal yard in mortal killings 5 ​​days later. The body lay on a pile of coal and was wearing a suit but no shirt. His wallet and watch were also missing. The coroner examined several burns on the back of Zigmund's neck, neck and shoulders, but was unable to determine the cause. The coroner was also amazed that Zigmund barely had a five o'clock shadow, even though he had been missing for five days. In addition, coroners found that a type of ointment had been rubbed on the burns, but were unable to determine the exact type.

In a very strange phrase, a well-known UFO logist in the area claimed that Zigmund had been kidnapped by aliens. This speculation was fueled by the policeman who found Zigmund's body, Alan Godfrey. Godfrey claimed to have personally encountered a UFO. Shortly after this unveiling, he quit his job and began a new career as a "motivational speaker".

Godfrey also claimed that Zigmund had died of a heart attack, but this did not explain how he got on a coal pile or why he was undercover, since his positioning meant that he should have been removed from above. Despite thorough police investigations, Zigmund's murderer was never found, and what exactly happened to him remains a mystery.

5 Frauke Liebs

Excitement was in the air in the city of Paderborn in June 2006 The FIFA World Cup tournament was in full swing. 21-year-old Frauke Liebs attended a match between England and Sweden with a friend in a local pub. At some point in the night she borrowed another friend's battery because her battery was almost empty. Before she left at 11 p.m., she put her own battery back in her cell phone and made her way to her house, 1.5 kilometers away.

Shortly before 1 a.m. Frauke had not yet arrived at home. Her roommate received a message from her that she would be back later in the morning. However, Frauke never returned home and never came to work. Her mother reported her missing the same day.

In the following days Frauke called her roommate five times from five different locations in Paderborn. She did not answer the many questions her roommate had, and only repeated that she would be home soon. During the last phone call, Frauke's sister spoke to her and later informed the police that Frauke had answered "yes" to the question of whether she was being held prisoner. The calls then stopped abruptly.

Frauke's remains were found near Lichtenau almost four months later. Her bag and possessions were missing. Her body was badly decomposed and no cause of death could be determined. The police later decided that Frauke was held in Nieheim for a while before she was killed and her body was dumped. There were five first suspects who were released without charge due to lack of conclusive evidence.

The murder of Frauke Liebs remains unsolved.

4 Diao Aiqing

On January 19, 1996, a street cleaner in Nanjing thought she had received a late Christmas present when she found a bag of meat that was charred in a chunk of snow next to the street. She took it home, but was horrified when she started cleaning the meat and found three human fingers in her pocket.

The woman notified the police that officers found more human remains in two other areas. The body parts totaled over 2000 parts and a boiled head and limbs were also found. It was finally determined that the remains were those of 19-year-old university student Diao Aiqing. Diao was missing on January 10, 1996 after quarreling with other university students over the use of electrical equipment. She was never seen again.

The police opened a massive investigation, but Diao's murderer is still unknown and the motive for her gruesome murder is unknown.

3 Terry Sutter

Terry Sutter was looking forward to spending some time with his friends in the cinema and on the local bowling alley on September 1, 1973. But before he could do that, he had to do his day's work, which included mowing the lawn. When he was done, he waited in vain for his mother to pick him up and finally went home. That evening he joined his friends in Frankfort, Michigan with strict instructions from his parents to be in his grandmother's house by 11:00 p.m. at the latest. The next day, Terry's grandmother informed them that the 15-year-old teenager had never come to her house and she still hadn't heard from him.

Terry's parents immediately informed the police that he was missing, but the officials were not particularly concerned and expressed their opinion that he was probably just hiding somewhere so that he would not have to go to school. However, they soon regretted having thought this. That afternoon, a tourist stumbled across Terry's body on a Michigan beach. It soon turned out that someone had held him in the sand until he choked; his lungs and eyes were filled with sand. He also had several bruises on the head and neck.

The teenage parents were devastated, but demanded minimal media coverage of the murder. They had their son buried in the Lake Township cemetery, but their trauma was far from over. For some reason, Terry's grave was repeatedly destroyed. Flower pots would be broken and plants would be torn out. It got so bad that Terry's parents finally moved his remains to an unmarked grave.

It is not known who was responsible for Terry Sutter's death and whether his murderer and the person who destroyed his grave were one and the same.

2 Ida Lowry

Edwin Smith was tired and grateful He went home shortly after midnight on April 23, 1960. When he passed between the streets of Clybourn and St. Paul, he thought he heard someone scream. He stopped his car and listened. Sure enough, he heard calls for help from an alley. He ran there and couldn't believe what he saw. An older woman, later identified as 76-year-old Ida Lowry, lay in the alley, covered with blood and bruises. When he tried to help her up, she screamed in pain and went to call the police instead. Unfortunately, she died an hour after the police arrived and took Ida to a hospital.

However, before taking her last breath, Ida was able to tell the officials that a tall white man working on the bridge grabbed her and hit her with a heavy object. Then he raped her. When he was done, he just let her die in the alley.

An investigation into Ida's life revealed that she was an eccentric loner who loved to rummage through trash cans. She had two sisters, neither of whom had seen her for a while. The police searched for suspects and identified six men of interest within a few days. None of them have ever been charged. A 24-year-old man mistakenly confessed to the murder and many others were questioned over the next few weeks. However, Ida Lowry's murderer can still be found.

1 Tristan Brübach

Tristan Brübach was an only child for his parents. The family lived in Frankfurt, Austria and Tristan attended Walter Kolk primary school up to the 5th grade, after which he moved to a school in Sindlingen. Tragically, Tristan's mother, who was a drug addict, committed suicide when her son was only ten years old.

Tristan's grandmother soon moved in with him and his father to take care of the boy. Tristan was bored with his grandmother's company and made himself comfortable late into the night walking around the neighborhood. When he was not outside, he played video games and looked after his pet. However, Tristan soon began to rebel because he wanted to fit older children. He started smoking to look cool, but that didn't stop other children from bullying him.

On March 26, 1998, Tristan did not want to go to school. He asked his father if he could go to the doctor instead and claimed that his back was sore. His father hadn't fallen for this story and told his son to go to school. Tristan finally got up at school at 9 a.m. after hanging around the school grounds with a friend. Later in the day, he asked the teacher if he could leave early to see a doctor and was given permission. Most recently, he was seen alive in a park in front of Frankfurt Central Station.

Some of his classmates found Tristan's lifeless body on the way home from school. They ran back to the school building to alert the teachers, and the police arrived at the scene shortly after 5:00 p.m. Tristan's body was in a pedestrian tunnel. He was badly beaten and strangled and his neck was deeply cut. Upon further investigation, the police found that the boy's testicles had been removed and the flesh had been cut from his thighs and buttocks. The murder weapon was found near the crime scene.

Three teenagers claimed to have watched the murder from a distance and gave the police a description of the murderer. However, after a large-scale fingerprint operation, identifying several people of interest, and providing a financial reward for information, the case remains unsolved.

Source link